West Coast Vancouver Island North
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 12 August 2022
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northerly 15 knots becoming southeast 10 to 20 this morning except southeast 25 near the headlands Saturday afternoon and evening.
Showers overnight and Saturday. Fog patches forming early this morning and dissipating near noon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 12 August 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over western Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT today weakening ridge located over western Bowie.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over the offshore waters.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Saturday trough located from Bowie to the Central
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: