West Coast Vancouver Island North
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 17 October 2019
Today Tonight and Friday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southerly 30 to 40 knots except southeast 40 to 50 near the headlands. Wind becoming southwest 40 to 50 this afternoon then diminishing to west 30 to 40 early this evening. Wind diminishing to west 20 to 30 near midnight and to west 10 to 20 Friday morning. Wind backing to southerly 10 to 20 Friday afternoon.
Rain with a risk of thunderstorms changing to showers this evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Vancouver Island NorthIssued 10:30 AM PDT 17 October 2019
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 17 October 2019 Today Tonight and Friday By 10:30 a.m. PDT today departing frontal system located over the
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today trough located over Bowie extending
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today departing trough located on a line
north-south over Hecate Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:24 AM PDT 17 October 2019 A trough of low pressure will move across the offshore and outer
waters today and track inland tonight. Ahead of the trough, strong to
gale force southerlies will shift to gale to storm force westerlies
in its wake.
Moderate to strong westerlies will prevail over all marine waters on
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: