West Coast Vancouver Island North
Issued 04:00 AM PST 26 November 2020
Today Tonight and Friday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southerly 20 to 30 knots increasing to southerly 30 to 40 early this morning except southerly 40 to 50 near the headlands. Wind becoming southwest 25 to 35 near noon except northeast 10 to 20 over northern sections tonight. Wind becoming southwest 30 to 40 overnight then diminishing to northwest 15 to 25 Friday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Vancouver Island NorthIssued 04:00 AM PST 26 November 2020
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 26 November 2020 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today quasi-stationary frontal system located on
a line northeast-southwest over Cape Scott.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Friday approaching low located northwest of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 AM PST 26 November 2020 A frontal system over Haida Gwaii this morning will move eastward
reaching Cape Scott this afternoon. The front will stall tonight as
it straddles the central and southern waters.
Ahead of the system, gale to storm force southerly winds are
expected. Moderate to strong northwesterly winds are forecast in the
wake of the system.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Heading to Banff or Jasper National Parks this winter?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. North and South highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: