West Coast Vancouver Island North
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 11 July 2020
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots increasing to southwest 15 to 20 early this evening then veering to northwest 5 to 15 Sunday morning.
Rain and occasional fog patches changing to showers near noon and ending Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 11 July 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today dissipating frontal system located on a
line northeast-southwest over southern Vancouver Island.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today low located over central Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight weakening low located over Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday ridge located west of the offshore waters.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Sunday ridge located on a line north-south over
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: