West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 01 December 2021
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 20 to 30 knots becoming south 25 to 35 early this morning then veering to west 30 to 40 late this morning. Wind diminishing to west 25 Thursday afternoon.
Rain changing to showers this morning then to flurries or showers this evening. Showers Thursday afternoon and evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 01 December 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 1 December 2021 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PST today intensifying frontal system located over
By 11:00 a.m. PST today departing frontal system located over
At 1:00 a.m. PST Thursday building ridge located over the South
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 AM PST 1 December 2021 This morning a frontal system is developing over Bowie and will head
towards the Alaskan Panhandle. Winds will be gale force
Southerlies ahead of the front. Behind the front gale force
westerlies will persist over northern and central waters right
through into Thursday.
Meanwhile over Explorer a weak frontal system will be heading east
along the stalled trough. Southwest gales over Southern Explorer will
ease by mid this morning as the frontal system weakens.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: