West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 04 October 2022
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind easterly 20 knots increasing to southeast 20 to 30 this morning then diminishing to southwest 5 to 15 Wednesday morning. Wind backing to southeast 5 to 15 Wednesday afternoon.
Rain this afternoon tonight and Wednesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 4 October 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today trough located on a line east-west over
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today departing trough located on a line east-west
over northern Bowie.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today trough located off Explorer.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Wednesday weakening trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:50 AM PDT 4 October 2022 A trough of low pressure will move northwards across Haida Gwaii this
afternoon. In its wake, a second trough will track across the
offshore waters tonight and over Haida Gwaii Wednesday morning before
Ahead of the troughs, southeast gales will develop over West
Vancouver Island - north this morning. Over central and northern
waters, strong southeast winds will develop this morning and may
possibly increase to marginal gales this evening. Winds will
gradually ease Wednesday morning.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: