West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 31 January 2023
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southwesterly 20 to 30 knots diminishing to southwest 15 to 20 near noon and to southwest 5 to 15 overnight. Wind backing to southerly 15 to 20 near noon Wednesday then increasing to southeast 20 to 30 Wednesday evening.
Rain changing to showers this afternoon then to rain Wednesday afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 31 January 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located on a line
northwest-southeast over Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today departing frontal system located from the
North Coast to the Central Coast.
At 9:30 p.m. PST Wednesday approaching frontal system located
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:40 AM PST 31 January 2023 A frontal system will track across Haida Gwaii today and move onto
the north and Central Coast this evening. Ahead of the front, gale
force southeasterlies will develop over northern and central coastal
waters this morning. In its wake, winds will ease to strong
southerlies this afternoon, but southeast gales will persist over the
Central Coast tonight through Wednesday.
A second frontal system will approach the offshore waters Wednesday
night. Ahead of the front, southeast gales will develop over southern
and central waters Wednesday evening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: