West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 21 August 2019
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 25 to 35 knots becoming northwest 20 to 30 early this afternoon then diminishing to northwest 10 to 20 this evening. Wind backing to southwest 5 to 15 late overnight then increasing to southerly 15 to 25 near noon Thursday. Wind increasing to southeast 30 to 40 Thursday afternoon.
Showers beginning Thursday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern halfIssued 10:30 AM PDT 21 August 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 21 August 2019 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today departing low 1000 mb located near Prince
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today building ridge located west of the offshore
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Thursday ridge located on a line north-south over
the Central Coast.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT Thursday frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 10:30 p.m. PDT Thursday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:50 AM PDT 21 AUGUST 2019
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: