West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 09 December 2019
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 35 to 40 knots increasing to southeast 40 to 50 this evening then diminishing to southwest 15 to 20 early Tuesday morning. Wind diminishing to light late Tuesday morning then increasing to southeast 20 to 30 Tuesday afternoon.
Rain overnight and Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern halfIssued 10:30 AM PST 09 December 2019
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 9 December 2019 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located over western Bowie.
By noon PST Tuesday weakening frontal system located on a line
north-south over Hecate Strait.
At 10:00 p.m. PST Tuesday frontal system located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:30 AM PST 9 December 2019 An approaching frontal system will track across the offshore waters
tonight and weaken over Hecate Strait midday Tuesday. Ahead of
The front, gale force southerlies over the outer waters will spread
to Queen Charlotte Sound and Hecate Strait tonight. In its wake the
winds will shift to moderate to strong southwesterly.
On Tuesday afternoon, southeast gales will redevelop over Bowie as
another frontal system approaches.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: