West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 28 September 2022
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southeasterly 10 to 20 knots diminishing to light early Thursday morning then increasing to southeasterly 15 late Thursday morning. Wind increasing to southwesterly 15 to 25 Thursday evening.
Showers ending this afternoon. Periods of rain Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 28 September 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today low located southwest of Explorer.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT tonight low located southeast of Explorer.
At 1:00 a.m. PDT Thursday trough located over western Bowie.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Thursday trough located near Langara.
At 2:00 p.m. PDT Thursday ridge located over Explorer extending
By 11:00 p.m. PDT Thursday ridge located from the Central Coast
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: