West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 04 February 2023
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots increasing to southeast 40 this morning then becoming northwest 30 to 40 early this evening. Wind diminishing to northwest 25 overnight and to west 15 Sunday morning. Wind increasing to south 25 to 35 Sunday afternoon.
Rain ending this evening. Rain Sunday late in the day. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern halfIssued 04:26 AM PST 04 February 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 4 February 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located from Cape St. James
By 4:00 a.m. PST Sunday frontal system located over Vancouver
By 4:00 a.m. PST Sunday approaching ridge located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:45 AM PST 4 February 2023 A frontal system over Explorer will track eastward today and tonight,
producing widespread gales from Dixon east to Explorer. Winds will
strengthen further to storm force later this morning from Hecate
Strait to West Vancouver Island.
Northwesterly gales will spread from west to east in the wake of the
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: