West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 26 November 2022
Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 30 to 40 knots diminishing to northwest 20 to 30 Sunday morning.
Showers ending near midnight. Showers overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern halfIssued 4:00 PM PST 26 November 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 26 November 2022 Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Vancouver Island.
By 10:00 p.m. PST tonight departing frontal system located over
southern Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:40 PM PST 26 November 2022 A frontal system near the Brooks Peninsula will track south across
Vancouver Island to reach Victoria this evening. Ahead of the front,
southwesterly gales prevail off the west coast of Vancouver Island
this afternoon. Behind the front, northwest gales now over northern
and central waters will spread along Vancouver Island and into
Juan de Fuca Strait as westerlies this evening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: