West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 18 August 2019
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind variable 5 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 25 late Monday morning and to south 25 to 35 late Monday afternoon.
Rain beginning Monday afternoon. Visibility as low as 1 mile in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern halfIssued 9:30 PM PDT 18 August 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 18 August 2019 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located over the offshore waters.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT Monday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over southern Vancouver Island.
At noon PDT Monday trough located over southern Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT Monday trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over northern Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:23 PM PDT 18 August 2019 On Monday, a trough of low pressure will move to lie over Southern
Bowie and then swing northward toward Prince Rupert in the evening.
Strong southerlies will develop south of the trough and rise to gale
force late in the day. Strong to gale force easterlies will develop
north of the trough.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: