West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 21 September 2023
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind southwest 10 to 20 knots backing to southerly 25 this morning then becoming northwest 15 to 25 Friday morning. Wind becoming westerly 15 Friday afternoon.
Periods of rain beginning this morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 21 September 2023 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday cold front located from Explorer to the
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located from Explorer to the Central
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Friday ridge located from Explorer to Vancouver
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:42 AM PDT 21 September 2023 A cold front will track across Bowie today and then Haida Gwaii
tonight. Ahead of the front, southwesterly gales over Bowie will
spread to northern waters this morning. In its wake, winds will ease
to moderate to strong westerlies tonight through Friday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: