West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 22 August 2019
Today Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 5 to 15 knots increasing to southerly 15 to 25 near noon and to southeast 30 to 40 late this afternoon. Wind diminishing to westerly 15 to 25 after midnight then becoming westerly 20 to 30 near noon Friday.
Showers beginning late this morning and ending after midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 22 August 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 22 August 2019 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today building ridge located on a line north-south
over Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 10:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday trough located west of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:36 AM PDT 22 August 2019 A ridge of high pressure will continue generating moderate to strong
northwest winds over the South Coast except strong to gale force
winds along parts of the west coast of Vancouver Island this morning.
A frontal system will arrive over Bowie today and will progress into
the northern and central waters tonight. Gale force southerly winds
will develop ahead of the system.
Moderate to strong westerly winds will dominate northern waters on
Friday as another trough follows closely in behind.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: