West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 20 February 2020
Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 30 to 40 knots diminishing to westerly 20 to 30 late overnight and to westerly 10 to 20 Friday afternoon.
Rain changing to showers overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern halfIssued 9:30 PM PST 20 February 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 20 February 2020 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight departing ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Vancouver Island.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Langara.
By 9:30 p.m. PST Friday weakening cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Port Hardy.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:17 PM PST 20 February 2020 A Pacific front across Dixon Entrance West and Southern Bowie this
evening will move across the North Coast overnight and then across
central waters early Friday. Over central and northern waters,
southerly gales will shift to strong to gale force southwesterlies in
the wake of the front. Winds will ease later on Friday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: