Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 01 July 2020
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind variable 5 to 15 knots except southwest 15 to 20 south of Tsawwassen. Wind becoming southwest 5 to 15 late overnight except southwest 15 to 20 south of Tsawwassen. Wind becoming southerly 15 to 20 near noon Thursday then diminishing to variable 5 to 15 Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 1 July 2020 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located west of
the offshore waters.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight trough located over the Mainland Coast.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Thursday trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:24 PM PDT 1 July 2020 A ridge of high pressure will remain over west of the offshore waters
in the next few days. A trough of low pressure over the mainland
coast will shift westward to lie over Haida Gwaii by Thursday
Strong to marginal gale force northwesterly winds will continue over
most BC waters tonight ahead of the ridge. Strong southeasterly winds
will develop Thursday afternoon and Thursday night over parts of the
coastal waters east of the trough.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: