Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
Issued 04:00 PM PST 01 March 2021
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southeast 10 to 15 knots veering to southwest 15 to 20 early this evening then to northwest 20 late this evening. Wind diminishing to northwest 5 to 15 late overnight then becoming light early Tuesday morning. Wind becoming southeast 5 to 15 Tuesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 1 March 2021 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. PST today departing cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today cold front located over Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday weakening cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 PM PST 1 March 2021 An approaching cold front will track across Haida Gwaii tonight then
slide south along the mainland coast to lie over North Vancouver
Island Tuesday afternoon. Ahead of the front, southerly gales have
developed over Bowie this afternoon and will spread to northern and
central waters tonight. In its wake, winds will shift to strong to
gale force westerlies.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: