Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
Issued 10:30 AM PST 03 December 2023
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind southeast 20 to 30 knots diminishing to southwest 10 to 20 near noon then backing to southeast 10 to 15 early Monday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 15 to 25 near noon Monday.
Rain this morning and Monday. Visibility as low as 1 mile in rain.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 3 December 2023 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:30 a.m. PST today weakening frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over central Vancouver Island.
By 2:00 p.m. PST today departing frontal system located over the
At midnight PST tonight approaching frontal system located west
of the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:23 AM PST 3 December 2023 A frontal system over Central Vancouver Island will weaken and move
eastward out of the region this afternoon. Strong to gale force
southeast winds ahead of the front will shift to strong to
Gale force westerly through Juan de Fuca Strait behind the system.
Widespread gale force southwesterlies are occurring over northern
And central waters today and are expecting to ease this evening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: