Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
Issued 09:30 PM PST 03 February 2023
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind southerly 20 to 30 knots diminishing to southeast 15 to 20 near midnight then increasing to southeast 20 to 25 late Saturday morning.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 3 February 2023 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight dissipating frontal system located over
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight departing trough located over Vancouver
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located off Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Saturday frontal system located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:22 PM PST 3 February 2023 Strong to gale force southeast winds will ease this evening as a
trough over Vancouver Island moves inland, though there will be a
brief period of southwest gales across West Coast Vancouver Island
South and the mouth of Juan de Fuca Strait this evening in the wake
of the trough.
Another frontal system will approach the BC coast
Saturday morning producing widespread gale to storm force
southeasterly winds. This system will cross Haida Gwaii Saturday
evening with northwest gales developing in its wake.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: