Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 02 June 2023
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind southeast 5 to 15 knots becoming light Saturday morning.
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 02 June 2023
Sunday Wind northwest 15 to 25 knots increasing to northwest 30 late in the day.
Monday Wind northwest 35 knots diminishing to northwest 15 to 25.
Tuesday Wind northwest 25 knots.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 2 June 2023 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over Vancouver Island.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight low 1010 mb located over southwestern
By 9:30 p.m. PDT Saturday weakening low 1018 mb located west of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:15 PM PDT 2 June 2023 A ridge of high pressure will strengthen west of Vancouver Island on
Saturday. Consequently, westerly gales will develop through Juan de
Fuca Strait by Saturday evening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: