Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
Issued 09:30 PM PST 27 January 2020
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southeast 20 to 30 knots diminishing to southeast 10 to 15 late overnight. Wind southeast 10 to 15 Tuesday.
Rain changing to showers overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 27 January 2020 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight weakening frontal system located on a
line northwest-southeast over Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday frontal system located over BC interior.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday frontal system located off Bowie.
By 1:00 a.m. PST Wednesday departing frontal system located on a
line north-south over the North Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:18 PM PST 27 January 2020 A frontal system over west coast Vancouver Island will track across
Vancouver Island this evening and weaken overnight. Ahead of the
front, gale force southeasterlies over southern waters and the inner
South Coast with brief period of gale to storm force southeasterlies
over west coast Vancouver Island will ease late this evening. Gale
force southeasterlies over the central waters will persist overnight.
In the wake of the front, winds over Southern Explorer will shift to
southwesterly gales near midnight and then northwesterly gales
Another intense frontal system will track across the offshore waters
Tuesday afternoon and onto the North Coast overnight. Ahead of the
system, storm force southeasterlies will develop over northern and
central waters late Tuesday. In its wake, winds will veer to gale to
storm force southwesterlies Tuesday night.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: