Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 19 August 2022
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind light becoming southeast 5 to 15 knots Saturday morning.
Scattered showers this morning with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Advisories (In effect)
Marine weather advisory in effect
Strait of GeorgiaIssued 00:53 AM PDT 19 August 2022 Potential for thunderstorms and strong to gale force outflow winds
Timeframe: Friday morning through early Friday afternoon.
Threats: Risk of thunderstorms. Gale force outflow winds exiting mainland inlets.
Locations: Strait of Georgia and areas in the vicinity of the mainland inlets.
Remarks: An upper level disturbance is forecast to cross the south coast on Friday morning. This disturbance will carry the risk of thunderstorms, capable of producing gusty winds for waters of the inner south coast. As this system moves inland, there is potential for the development of gale force outflow winds exiting mainland inlets and pushing across the Strait.
At this time, confidence in the occurrence of this event is low, however it would be advisable for the marine community to be prepared in the event that this scenario takes place.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 19 August 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over Bowie.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary trough located from the
South Coast to the North Coast.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: