Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 28 May 2022
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind northwest 10 to 15 knots increasing to northwest 15 to 20 late this evening then diminishing to northwest 10 Sunday morning. Wind becoming light early Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 28 May 2022 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight building ridge located west of the
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Sunday approaching ridge located near the offshore
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:18 PM PDT 28 May 2022 A building ridge of high pressure offshore will move towards the
coast tonight. Winds over West Vancouver Island south will rise to
marginal gale force northwesterlies near midnight and weaken Sunday
morning. Winds through Juan de Fuca Strait will also rise to marginal
gale force westerlies late overnight and last through Sunday morning.
Winds will remain strong through Sunday but will likely remain below
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: