Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
Issued 04:00 PM PST 06 December 2023
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northwest 5 to 15 knots except northwest 15 to 20 over southern sections late this afternoon and this evening. Wind becoming light late overnight then becoming northwest 5 to 15 late Thursday morning except northwest 15 to 20 over southern sections Thursday afternoon and evening.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 6 December 2023 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. PST today dissipating low located over the Gulf
At 4:00 p.m. PST today ridge located over Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 10:00 a.m. PST Thursday ridge located over BC interior.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today trough located south of Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday dissipating trough located over Washington
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: