Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
Issued 04:00 AM PST 26 February 2021
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 25 to 35 knots with gusts to 40 becoming northwest 20 to 30 near midnight then diminishing to northwest 10 to 20 overnight. Wind diminishing to light Saturday morning then increasing to southeast 10 to 20 Saturday afternoon.
Showers ending this morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Strait of Georgia - north of NanaimoIssued 04:00 AM PST 26 February 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 26 February 2021 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PST today ridge located west of the offshore waters.
By 7:00 a.m. PST Saturday ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:49 AM PST 26 February 2021 A ridge of high pressure parked in the Eastern Pacific ocean will
maintain widespread gale force northwest winds across most
BC marine waters this morning.
The northwest winds will ease from gale force to strong later this
afternoon across the northern and central waters. However, gale force
northwest winds will continue across southern waters through today
and into this evening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: