Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 01 October 2023
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind northwest 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light this afternoon then becoming southeast 10 to 15 late overnight. Wind diminishing to light Monday afternoon.
Scattered showers overnight and Monday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 1 October 2023 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Vancouver Island.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located over Hecate Strait.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located over the Central
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Monday cold front located over the South Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:33 PM PDT 1 October 2023 A frontal system will slide southeastward across the central waters
this evening. Ahead of the system, southerly gales will continue over
the central waters this evening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: