Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
Issued 04:00 AM PST 29 November 2023
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northwest 5 to 15 knots becoming light this morning then increasing to southeast 15 to 25 after midnight. Wind diminishing to light Thursday afternoon.
Showers overnight and Thursday. Fog patches dissipating this morning.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 29 November 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
At 4:00 a.m. PST today cold front located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday weakening frontal system located from
the North Coast to the Central Coast.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday approaching frontal system located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:49 AM PST 29 November 2023 An approaching cold front will move into Bowie this morning. The
front will evnetually lie north-south from Hecate Strait to the
Central Coast by Thursday morning where it will gradually weaken.
Winds will rise to gale force southerlies ahead of the front and
shift to strong to gale force westerlies behind it. The winds will
fall below gales Thursday as the front weakens.
Another frontal system will approach Bowie late in the day on
Thursday. Southeast gales will develop Thursday evening ahead of the
system across Bowie and Explorer.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: