Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
Issued 04:00 AM PST 05 February 2023
Today Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 20 knots becoming northwest 10 to 20 near noon then becoming southeast 15 near midnight. Wind increasing to southeast 25 Monday morning and to southeast 35 Monday afternoon.
Showers ending this evening. Showers beginning overnight and changing to rain Monday evening.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Strait of Georgia - north of NanaimoIssued 04:00 AM PST 05 February 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 5 February 2023 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located over Vancouver Island.
By 10:30 a.m. PST today weakening frontal system located over the
At 4:00 a.m. PST today ridge located over Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight ridge located over Vancouver Island.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Monday frontal system located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:32 AM PST 5 February 2023 A frontal system located over Vancouver Island will weaken while
tracking inland this morning. Strong southerly winds ahead of the
system will shift to northwesterly gales in its wake.
Another frontal system will approach Bowie this afternoon. South to
southwesterly gales will develop over the northern waters today and
spread into central and southern waters tonight.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: