Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
Issued 09:30 PM PST 25 November 2022
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind light increasing to southeast 10 to 15 knots late overnight and to southeast 15 to 25 Saturday morning. Wind becoming northwest 20 to 30 early Saturday evening.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 25 November 2022 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located over northern Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Saturday frontal system located from Vancouver
Island to Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:23 PM PST 25 November 2022 A frontal system will track across Bowie tonight. Ahead of
The front, southwesterly gales over Bowie this evening will spread
To northern and central waters overnight and Saturday morning.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: