Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
Issued 04:00 AM PST 14 November 2019
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind southeast 5 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 20 this morning and to southeast 20 to 25 near midnight. Wind diminishing to southeast 10 to 15 Friday morning then becoming variable 5 to 15 Friday afternoon.
Rain beginning this afternoon changing to showers Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 14 November 2019 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. PST today departing ridge located over the Lower
At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located on a line north-south
By midnight PST tonight dissipating frontal system located on a
line north-south over central Vancouver Island.
At midnight PST tonight low 976 mb located over the Gulf of Alaska.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:37 AM PST 14 November 2019 A Pacific front crossing the offshore this morning will cross Hecate
Strait and Queen Charlotte Sound near midday today. The front will
then dissipate over southern waters tonight. Over central and
northern waters gale to storm force southeast winds will ease to
moderate to strong southerly in the wake of the front. Another storm
will bring gale to storm force southeast winds Friday night.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: