Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 11 August 2022
Tonight and Friday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light becoming northwest 5 to 15 knots late this evening then becoming light Friday morning. Wind becoming southeast 5 to 15 Friday evening except southwest 25 near Qualicum Beach.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Strait of Georgia - north of NanaimoIssued 9:30 PM PDT 11 August 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 11 August 2022 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over western Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Friday weakening ridge located over western Bowie.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT Friday trough located on a line northwest-southeast
over the offshore waters.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Saturday trough located from Bowie to the Central
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: