Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 04 October 2023
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind light increasing to northwest 5 to 15 knots near noon Thursday and to northwest 15 to 20 Thursday evening.
Periods of drizzle overnight and Thursday morning. Fog patches forming late overnight and dissipating Thursday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 4 October 2023 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today warm front located on a line
northwest-southeast over Langara.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday departing warm front located on a line
northwest-southeast over the Alaska panhandle.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today building ridge located over Explorer.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday quasi-stationary ridge located from
Explorer to BC interior.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday approaching cold front located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:41 PM PDT 4 October 2023 Winds will increase to strong to gale force southwesterly over the
northern half of Bowie on Thursday afternoon as a cold front
approaches the northern offshore waters.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: