Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
Issued 09:30 PM PST 01 March 2021
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northwest 20 knots diminishing to northwest 5 to 15 late this evening then becoming light late overnight. Wind increasing to southeast 10 to 15 near noon Tuesday and to southeast 15 to 25 late Tuesday afternoon.
Showers ending Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 1 March 2021 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight departing cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over central Vancouver Island.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight cold front located over southern Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday weakening cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:28 PM PST 1 March 2021 An approaching cold front will track across Haida Gwaii tonight then
slide south along the mainland coast to lie over North Vancouver
Island Tuesday afternoon. Ahead of the front, southerly gales have
developed over Bowie, and spread to northern and central waters
tonight. In its wake, winds will shift to strong to gale force
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: