Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
Issued 04:00 AM PST 28 November 2021
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind variable 5 to 15 knots becoming southeast 10 to 20 early this morning then diminishing to light Monday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 10 to 20 near noon Monday then becoming southeast 15 to 25 Monday afternoon.
Rain ending near midnight.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 28 November 2021 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PST today departing frontal system located over
southern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today trough located west of Bowie.
By 10:00 p.m. PST tonight weakening trough located over northern
At 4:00 a.m. PST Monday frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Monday frontal system located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:59 AM PST 28 November 2021 A frontal system will cross the Southern Strait of Georgia early this
morning. Strong southerly winds will continue to ease in its wake.
The next frontal system will approach the northern offshore waters
early Monday and move over Haida Gwaii in the afternoon. Gale force
southerly winds will spread to the northern and central waters
Monday, and to the southern offshore waters Monday evening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: