Queen Charlotte Strait
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 05 October 2022
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southeast 5 to 15 knots becoming light early this afternoon then becoming northwest 5 to 15 early this evening. Wind becoming light after midnight then becoming northwest 5 to 15 Thursday afternoon.
Periods of rain ending this morning. Periods of drizzle overnight and Thursday morning. Fog patches forming near midnight and dissipating near noon Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 5 October 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today departing frontal system located over the
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today trough located over western Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT today departing trough located over northern
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight building ridge located over the North
Coast extending southward.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday ridge located over Haida Gwaii extending
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:11 AM PDT 5 October 2022 The frontal system over the North Coast will depart the region early
this morning. In its wake, a trough will move into Western Bowie.
By late this morning, the trough will exit Northern Bowie.
Strong to marginal gale force southeast winds over central and
northern waters will ease early this morning with the passage of the
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: