Queen Charlotte Strait
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 05 October 2022
Tonight and Thursday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northwest 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light after midnight except northeasterly outflow 20 near the mainland inlets early Thursday morning. Wind becoming northwest 5 to 15 early Thursday afternoon.
Periods of drizzle overnight and Thursday morning. Fog patches forming near midnight and dissipating near noon Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte StraitIssued 9:30 PM PDT 05 October 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 5 October 2022 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight building ridge located over the North
Coast extending southward.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday ridge located over Haida Gwaii extending
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday quasi-stationary trough located over
western Vancouver Island.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: