Queen Charlotte Strait
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 03 June 2023
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind light increasing to northwest 10 to 20 knots this afternoon then diminishing to light near midnight. Wind becoming northwest 15 Sunday afternoon.
Showers overnight and Sunday.
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 03 June 2023
Monday Wind northwest 10 to 20 knots increasing to northwest 20 to 25 in the afternoon.
Tuesday Wind northwest 10 to 20 knots increasing to northwest 20 to 25 late in the day.
Wednesday Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 3 June 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Sunday dissipating ridge located on a line
north-south over northern Vancouver Island.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today low 1014 mb located over southern Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday weakening low 1020 mb located over Sandspit.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT Sunday building ridge located west of the offshore
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:24 AM PDT 3 June 2023 A ridge of high pressure will strengthen west of Vancouver Island
today. Consequently, westerly gales will develop through Juan de
Fuca Strait late this afternoon and continue tonight. The winds will
ease slightly to strong westerlies early Sunday morning.
A broad ridge of high pressure will build over the Eastern Pacific on
Sunday. The ridge will generate gale force northwesterlies for the
southern waters beginning late in the day on Sunday. Regions include
Johnstone Strait, the Strait of Georgia and waters west of Vancouver
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: