Queen Charlotte Strait
Issued 09:30 PM PST 06 March 2021
Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 30 to 40 knots diminishing to south 15 late overnight then backing to southeast 20 Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte StraitIssued 9:30 PM PST 06 March 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 6 March 2021 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located over Haida Gwaii
By 7:00 a.m. PST Sunday dissipating frontal system located over
the Mainland Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Sunday low 985 mb located southwest of Bowie.
By 10:00 p.m. PST Sunday low 997 mb located west of Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:15 PM PST 6 March 2021 A front currently extends across Haida Gwaii southeastward to Sartine
Island. It will gradually lose intensity as it slides east across
Hecate Strait, the central waters and Vancouver Island tonight. It
will then reach the mainland coast Sunday morning and dissipate.
Southeast gales have developed in a narrow band just ahead of the
front and will ease tonight.
A 985 MB low will approach Bowie before Sunday morning. Ahead of the
low, gale force easterly or southerly winds will develop over the
offshore waters. The gale force winds will ease Sunday night as the
low drifts away from the offshore waters.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: