Queen Charlotte Strait
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 19 August 2022
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind light becoming northwest 15 knots this afternoon then diminishing to light late this evening. Wind becoming northwest 10 to 15 Saturday afternoon.
Fog patches forming after midnight and dissipating Saturday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 19 August 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over Bowie.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary trough located from the
South Coast to the North Coast.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: