Queen Charlotte Strait
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 01 October 2023
Today Tonight and Monday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 25 near noon then becoming southeast 15 this evening. Wind diminishing to light near noon Monday then becoming northwest 5 to 15 Monday evening.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte StraitIssued 10:30 AM PDT 01 October 2023
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 1 October 2023 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Vancouver Island.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located over Hecate Strait.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located over the Central
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Monday cold front located over the South Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:19 AM PDT 1 October 2023 A frontal system will slide eastward across the northern waters
today. Ahead of the system, southerly gales will continue over the
northern waters today. These gales will then reach central waters
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: