Queen Charlotte Strait
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 27 October 2020
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots becoming southeast 15 Wednesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte StraitIssued 10:30 AM PDT 27 October 2020
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 27 October 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary frontal system located
on a line east-west over Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:30 AM PDT 27 October 2020 A frontal system will remain over the Central Coast today through
Thursday. South of the front, southwesterly gales will develop over
central waters Wednesday afternoon.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - northern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - southern half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: