Queen Charlotte Strait
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 30 September 2023
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind northwest 5 to 15 knots increasing to northwest 15 to 20 early this afternoon then diminishing to northwest 10 to 15 late this evening. Wind diminishing to light late overnight then increasing to southeast 5 to 15 Sunday morning. Wind becoming southeast 10 to 20 Sunday afternoon.
Periods of drizzle ending early this morning. Showers Sunday late in the day. Fog patches dissipating near noon. Fog patches forming after midnight and dissipating Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 30 September 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
By 11:00 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located over Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday frontal system located over Hecate Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:42 AM PDT 30 September 2023 A ridge of high pressure continues to build towards the central
waters today. Northwesterly gales will continue over parts of
West Vancouver Island, Southern Explorer, and through Johnstone
A frontal system will slide eastward across Bowie Saturday evening.
Ahead of the system, southerly gales are expected over the northern
waters late Saturday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: