Queen Charlotte Strait
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 12 August 2022
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind light becoming northwest 15 knots late this afternoon then diminishing to light late this evening. Wind becoming southeast 5 to 15 Saturday morning.
Periods of drizzle and fog patches this morning. Showers tonight and Saturday. Risk of thunderstorms this afternoon and this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 12 August 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over western Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT today weakening ridge located over western Bowie.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over the offshore waters.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Saturday trough located from Bowie to the Central
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: