Queen Charlotte Strait
Issued 04:00 PM PST 04 December 2023
Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 35 to 45 knots diminishing to south 15 to 25 early this evening. Wind southeast 15 to 25 Tuesday.
Rain changing to showers Tuesday morning. Risk of thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon. Visibility as low as 1 mile in rain.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte StraitIssued 4:00 PM PST 04 December 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 4 December 2023 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. PST today departing frontal system located over
At 4:00 p.m. PST today low located northwest of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday weakening low located over the Gulf
At midnight PST Tuesday building ridge from high located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:50 PM PST 4 December 2023 Across the northern and central waters, the gale to storm force
southeasterlies will veer to southwesterly gales in theas the Parent
low moves into the vicinity over the next few hours. There may be
brief bursts of southwesterly storm force winds over waters west of
Haida Gwaii tonight.
Over the southern waters southwesterly gales over northern and
central waters will slowly diminish on Tuesday to southwesterly
strong as the low weakens.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: