Queen Charlotte Strait
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 21 September 2023
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind light becoming southeast 5 to 15 knots early Friday morning then becoming light Friday afternoon.
Fog patches dissipating early this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 21 September 2023 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday weakening cold front located from Explorer
to the North Coast.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located from Explorer to the Central
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Friday ridge located over Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:21 AM PDT 21 September 2023 A cold front will track across Bowie today, reach Haida Gwaii by
Friday morning then weaken as it progresses into central waters
through Friday. Ahead of the front, southerly gales have developed
across Bowie and northern waters. The winds will fall below gales
Friday as the front rapidly weakens. In its wake, winds will ease
To moderate to strong westerlies tonight through Friday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: