Queen Charlotte Strait
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 02 June 2023
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind southeast 5 to 15 knots becoming southwest 10 to 20 this afternoon then diminishing to light near midnight. Wind increasing to northwest 10 to 20 Saturday afternoon.
Showers tonight and Saturday.
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 02 June 2023
Sunday Wind northwest 10 to 20 knots increasing to northwest 20 to 30 in the afternoon.
Monday Wind northwest 10 to 20 knots increasing to northwest 20 to 30.
Tuesday Wind northwest 10 to 20 knots becoming northwest 20.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 2 June 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over Vancouver Island.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line north-south
over Hecate Strait.
By 6:00 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located near the Mainland
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today low 1008 mb located west of Bowie.
By 6:00 p.m. PDT Saturday dissipating low 1019 mb located west of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:16 AM PDT 2 June 2023 A slow moving frontal system is moving across Hecate Strait and will
stall over the mainland coast today. Ahead of the front, intermittent
gale force southeasterlies over Hecate Strait and Dixon Entrance East
will continue until near noon.
As the trailing end of the front pushes onto the coast this
afternoon, a brief period of southerly gales will develop near the
headlands of Vancouver Island and Eastern Queen Charlotte Sound.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: