Queen Charlotte Strait
Issued 10:30 AM PST 22 January 2021
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northwest 10 to 20 knots except northeasterly outflow 25 near the mainland inlets today. Wind diminishing to light Saturday morning then increasing to southeast 10 to 20 Saturday afternoon. Wind increasing to southeast 20 to 30 Saturday evening.
Rain or snow Saturday late in the day.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 22 January 2021 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:30 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
At 10:30 a.m. PST today ridge located over Bowie.
By 8:00 a.m. PST Saturday weakening ridge located on a line
north-south over Explorer.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Saturday frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 7:00 p.m. PST Saturday departing frontal system located on a
line north-south over Hecate Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:23 AM PST 22 January 2021 A frontal system west of Bowie early Saturday morning will approach
Haida Gwaii on Saturday. Ahead of the system, winds will increase to
strong to gale force southerly over the central and northern waters
on Saturday afternoon. Winds will become strong to gale force
northwesterly in the wake of the system on Saturday afternoon.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: