Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 20 January 2022
Tonight and Friday.
Wind southwest 15 knots increasing to southerly 15 to 25 after midnight. Wind southerly 15 to 25 Friday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 20 January 2022 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight ridge located from the North Coast to
By 4:00 a.m. PST Friday quasi-stationary ridge located over the
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary frontal system located
west of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:26 PM PST 20 January 2022 A frontal system will remain stalled just west of Bowie until
Saturday morning. During this period, southerly gales will persist
across Bowie and parts of the northern waters. On Saturday, the front
will begin to weaken and winds will gradually ease through the day.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: