Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 04 December 2023
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 30 to 35 knots increasing to southwest 40 early this evening then diminishing to southwest 30 early Tuesday morning.
Rain changing to scattered showers this afternoon. Risk of thunderstorms overnight and Tuesday. Visibility as low as 1 mile in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte Sound - western halfIssued 10:30 AM PST 04 December 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 4 December 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located over the offshore
By 10:00 p.m. PST tonight departing frontal system located over
southern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today low located northwest of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday weakening low located over the Gulf
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:28 AM PST 4 December 2023 A frontal system is moving across the northern and central waters
producing storm to gale force southeasterlies. As the front continues
to slide down the southern waters today, southerly gale force winds
will ensue with hurricane force winds over West Vancouver Island
Across the northern and central waters, the gale to storm force
southeasterlies will veer to southwesterly gales in the wake of the
front as the Parent low moves into the vicinity this afternoon.
There may be brief bursts of southwesterly storm force winds over
waters west of Haida Gwaii tonight.
Southwesterly gales over northern and central waters will slowly
diminish on Tuesday to southwesterly strong as the low weakens.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: