Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 06 December 2023
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southwest 5 to 15 knots veering to northwest 15 to 20 Thursday morning then increasing to northwest 20 to 25 Thursday afternoon.
Showers. Risk of thunderstorms today and this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 6 December 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PST today weakening low located over the Gulf
At 10:30 a.m. PST today building ridge located over Vancouver
By 10:00 a.m. PST Thursday ridge located over BC interior.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today trough located southwest of Explorer.
By 10:00 a.m. PST Thursday trough located over the Washington Coast.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: