Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 02 July 2022
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind northwest 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light this morning then increasing to northwest 15 to 20 early this evening. Wind increasing to northwest 20 to 25 Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 2 July 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located west of Bowie.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday trough located over the Lower Mainland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:03 AM PDT 2 July 2022 A ridge of high pressure west of Bowie will bring strong to gale
force westerly winds to the central strait and the east entrance of
Juan de Fuca Strait this evening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
WeatherCAN app: set custom notifications
Learn how to set custom Air Quality Health Index notifications on the WeatherCAN app
- Date modified: