Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 27 January 2022
Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southerly 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 Friday evening.
Showers tonight and Friday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte Sound - western halfIssued 4:05 PM PST 27 January 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 27 January 2022 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located over the offshore
By 4:00 a.m. PST Friday weakening frontal system located over the
At 4:00 p.m. PST Friday approaching frontal system located off
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:56 PM PST 27 January 2022 Over the inner South Coast, winds remain light under a
quasi-stationary ridge this evening. Fog patches will dissipate
A frontal system over the offshore waters will move across Haida
Gwaii this evening. Ahead of the front, winds will rise to gale
Force southerly across the northern and central waters. Winds will
shift to strong to gale force southwest behind the front.
Another frontal system will approach Bowie late Friday. Winds will
shift to gale force southerly ahead of this front over northern
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: