Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 26 September 2023
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southwesterly 15 to 25 knots veering to westerly 15 to 20 near midnight. Wind northwest 15 to 20 Wednesday.
Scattered showers with a risk of thunderstorms late this afternoon and this evening changing to rain near noon Wednesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 26 September 2023 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight departing low 990 mb located over
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight low 1003 mb located southeast of Explorer.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday departing low 1006 mb located over the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:07 PM PDT 26 September 2023 A low will move from Northern Bowie to the Alaskan Panhandle tonight.
Ahead of the low, gale force southeasterlies over northernmost waters
will shift to strong to gale force westerlies in its wake overnight
and ease Wednesday morning. Meanwhile, gale force northwesterlies
over Bowie will also ease Wednesday morning.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: