Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 04 October 2022
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southeast 20 to 30 knots diminishing to southwest 5 to 15 Wednesday morning then becoming light near noon Wednesday.
Periods of rain ending near noon Wednesday. Risk of thunderstorms late this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 4 October 2022 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located from Haida Gwaii
to Cape Scott.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday departing frontal system located over
the North Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday trough located off Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Wednesday departing trough located over northern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:05 PM PDT 4 October 2022 A frontal system extending from Haida Gwaii to Northern Vancouver
Island will move to the North Coast tonight. In its wake, a trough
will cross the offshore waters and reach Western Bowie early
Wednesday morning. The trough will exit Northern Bowie late Wednesday
Ahead of the frontal system, southeast gales are present north of the
Brooks Peninsula. Over central and northern waters, strong to
marginal gale force southeast winds will gradually ease Wednesday
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: