Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 30 September 2023
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind light increasing to southwest 15 to 25 knots near midnight and to southwest 25 to 30 early Sunday morning.
Rain Sunday changing to scattered showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 30 September 2023 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Cape St. James.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Cape Scott.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located over Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday frontal system located over Hecate Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:09 PM PDT 30 September 2023 A frontal system will slide eastward across Bowie this evening.
Ahead of the system, southerly gales are expected over the northern
waters tonight and Sunday. These gales will then reach central waters
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: